With 127 million “jabs” administered in America so far, and more manufacturers on their way to Food and Drug Administration approval, the market for vaccines is about to change very quickly. What happens to the holdouts? We’ll talk about it. But first, a bit of news on Facebook and online privacy. Plus, a new tool to get out of your Zoom meetings.
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “U.S. Supreme Court rebuffs Facebook appeal in user tracking lawsuit” from Reuters
- “The US is about to reach a surprise milestone: too many vaccines, not enough takers” from MIT Technology Review
- “Congress passes bill to allow VA to vaccinate all vets, spouses, caregivers” from Stars and Stripes
- “How Much Weight Did We Gain During Lockdowns? 2 Pounds a Month, Study Hints” from The New York Times
- “Zoom Escaper lets you sabotage your own meetings with audio problems, crying babies, and more” from The Verge
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.