Today we ask, with respect to … everything, “Why didn’t the right people see this coming?” Between the ride-share industry’s brinksmanship in California and the mess on college campuses as they attempt to reopen, we’re feeling a bit hollowed out. But that’s Thursday for you. Step away with us as we contemplate the passage of time….
Here’s a list of everything we talked about today:
- “Appeals court grants Uber and Lyft a temporary reprieve following threats to shut down in California” from CNBC
- “When Capitalists Go on Strike” from Jacobin
- “Gathering on Quad could shut down campus, SU official says” from the Daily Orange
- “Joe Biden: An Old Man Trying to Lead a Young Country” from Politico
- And finally, a clip from Molly’s favorite episode of “Drunk History,” which was canceled today after six seasons.
Finally, don’t forget to join us tomorrow on our YouTube channel for our weekly happy hour episode! Subscribe so you won’t miss it.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.