It’s still too early to know how the Thanksgiving holiday — and some Americans’ refusal to follow the advice of experts and stay home for it — will impact the number of coronavirus cases, but we’re headed for a dark winter indeed. What are teachers to do? We’ll talk about it. Plus, Molly’s sad bitcoin story and the changing GOP line on “mean tweets.”
Here’s a list of everything we talked about today:
- “Teaching in the Pandemic: ‘This Is Not Sustainable’” from The New York Times
- “Exxon Slashes Spending, Writes Down Assets” from The Wall Street Journal
- “Bitcoin Climbs to Record High” from The New York Times
- “With Bank of America Announcement, Every Major US Bank Has Ruled out Funding for Arctic Drilling” from the Sierra Club
- And finally, this bit Kai caught on CNN this afternoon
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.