Here’s a number – 2,000. That’s how many donors we need this fall to stay on track. Can we count on you?
The right-wing social media app Parler has been banned by the major app stores and online hosting services over fears of more violence in the lead-up to President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration. Still, it’s looking like the company is trying to restart itself, and we have a listener wondering what’s next. We’ll talk about it on this Whadda Ya Wanna Know Wednesday. Also on the docket: savings rates, stagflation and “Ted Lasso.”
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “Why Stagflation Is Back on Some Traders’ Radars” from the Washington Post
- “Consumer inflation surges in December on higher gas prices, CPI finds” from MarketWatch
- “Gasoline pushes U.S. consumer prices higher in December” from CNBC
- “Parler Registers Domain With Epik Hosting Service” from TheWrap
- “Parler Accuses Amazon of Breaking Antitrust Law in Suspending Hosting Services” from The New York Times
- More on Parler in this Twitter thread
- Kai’s interview with Fed President Jay Powell from 2018
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.