So the saying goes anyway. According to Pew, more Americans say they’re willing to get the coronavirus vaccine, but how do you convince the skeptics? Or when push comes to shove, maybe the holdouts will take it anyway? We’ll talk about it. Plus: a tear-jerking dog story and a startling revelation about Kai and Marketplace. You’re not gonna want to miss this one.
Here’s a list of everything we talked about today:
- “Intent to Get a COVID-19 Vaccine Rises to 60% as Confidence in Research and Development Process Increases” from Pew Research
- “Enough With the Hand Wringing Over Covid-19 Vaccine Hesitancy” from Elemental
- “25 former D.C. Bar presidents: Lawyers should not be complicit in Trump’s attack on democracy” from The Washington Post
- This quote from Vice President Mike Pence
- “A dog was missing for weeks. Then it wandered into Walmart and found its owner working at the register.” from The Washington Post
- Finally, here’s Molly’s Spotify Wrapped, which she says has been grossly distorted by certain Steely Dan fans who use her smart speaker:
“Make Me Smart” is powered by listeners like you — become a Marketplace Investor today!
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.