We’re trying to raise $200,000 by midnight! Help us reach our goal.
Kimberly Adams is co-hosting the show this week with Molly Wood. We kicked it off with a little perspective on the U.S. Postal Service. Plus, we try and unpack what exactly has been going on with TikTok over the past few days (a lot). Then, desperate for smiles, we’ll get the latest update on your favorite uncles and coo over some cute alpacas.
Here’s a list of what we talked about today:
- “How to pronounce CFIUS, the once-obscure government body that reportedly gave Microsoft and ByteDance a 45-day deadline to negotiate a TikTok acquisition deal” from Business Insider
- “ByteDance CEO confirms U.S. will force TikTok sale” from Digital Trends
- “Trump says Microsoft should pay ‘key money’ to Treasury for facilitating TikTok deal” from NBC News
- “As Trump leans into attacks on mail voting, GOP officials confront signs of Republican turnout crisis” from the Washington Post
- A couple of alpaca pictures and videos.
- “2 Uncles And A ‘Doorway To Imagination’ Spread Love On Social Media” from NPR
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.