Cryptocurrency is a hot market, and some nations’ governments are wondering if it’s time to make their move. China already has a digital yuan, and the U.S. Federal Reserve announced today that it would explore a digital currency this summer. There are important differences between a minted digital currency and cryptocurrency, and we’ll help you figure out what those are. Plus, Chris Bosh, a royal gun show and a little CEO diversity.
Here’s everything we talked about on the show today:
- “Fed, citing crypto risk, to open digital currency debate this summer” from Reuters
- “Morgan Stanley Reorders Executive Ranks, Setting Up CEO Race” from The Wall Street Journal
- “Senators reach bipartisan deal to overhaul USPS finances, tighten accountability requirements” from The Washington Post
- “Chris Bosh on the Sudden, ‘Surreal’ End of His NBA Career” from The Wall Street Journal
- “Twitter Users Are Obsessed With Prince William’s Vaccination Gun Show” from The Huffington Post
Cheers to making it through this year! Donate today to get our new Mason jar mug and “Stonktails” recipe book: marketplace.org/givesmart
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.