We looked at GameStop’s ballooning share price Friday, and since then things have … progressed. Today, we’ll look at what happened between the beleaguered video game retailer and r/WallStreetBets with “numb fascination.” Plus: contrasting Twitter and Facebook’s rules around misinformation and — one more time — Janet Treasury-Secretaryin’.
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “A Fight Over GameStop’s Soaring Stock Turns Ugly” from Wired
- “Twitter launches ‘Birdwatch,’ a forum to combat misinformation” from NBC News
- “Trump Wants Back on Facebook. This Star-Studded Jury Might Let Him.” from The New York Times
- “Budweiser skips Super Bowl ads in favor of vaccine education campaign” from Axios
- “Senate Confirms Yellen as Treasury Secretary as Stimulus Talks Loom” from The New York Times
- One more time, here are all the links to listen to Dessa’s song “Who’s Yellen Now?”
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.