There’s a “parallel media universe” on Facebook. And the biggest companies in the gig economy are pushing an alternative narrative of their own. It’s all kinda bananas … to put it lightly. But today is Friday, so we’re putting down the Twitter and raising a glass. Here’s to the National Basketball Association and its players’ union, who have set out plans to expand voting access and promote social justice.
Here’s a list of everything we talked about today:
- What if Facebook Is the Real ‘Silent Majority’? from The New York Times
- Zuckerberg acknowledges Facebook erred by not removing a post that urged armed action in Kenosha from The Washington Post
- ‘A totally different ballgame’: Inside Uber and Lyft’s fight over gig worker status from CNET
- Despite DeJoy’s vows to halt changes, serious problems persist, postal workers say from NBC
- Doomscroll Twitter reminder
Thanks to everyone who joined us live on YouTube for happy hour today! Subscribe so you don’t miss the next one.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.