Feeling a little hollowed out this Thursday? Some in the media are downright apocalyptic. On today’s show, we’ll unpack some of the coverage around COVID-19 variants and what you should (and shouldn’t) be worried about. It does get a little dark though. Later on, guest hosts Kimberly Adams and Meghan McCarty Carino cheer each other up with their favorite Olympic moments.
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say” from Newsweek, and a Twitter doctor’s thoughts on that headline
- “S.Korea on alert for new Delta Plus COVID-19 variant” from Reuters
- “The Lambda variant: is it more infectious, and can it escape vaccines? A virologist explains” from The Conversation
- “U.S. plans to give extra COVID-19 shots to at-risk Americans, Fauci says” from Reuters
- “Knitting diver Tom Daley shows his masterpiece — a Team Great Britain sweater” from ESPN
- “Qatar’s Mutaz Essa Barshim and Italy’s Gianmarco Tamberi share high jump gold medal” from The Washington Post
- Finally, this horse just vibing
Join us on YouTube Fridays at 3:30 p.m. Pacific/6:30 p.m. Eastern for our live happy hour episode! Subscribe to our channel and sign up for notifications so you don’t miss it.
Our show needs your voice! Tell us what you think of the show or ask a question for our hosts to answer! Send a voice memo or give us a call at 508-82-SMART (508-827-6278).
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.