California’s flood-drought paradox
Share Now on:
The drought in California is by no means over, but the recent winter storms made a big difference. We’ll discuss what it all means for the state’s residents, reservoirs and wildflowers! Then, we’ll unpack a sobering statistic about gun violence in the United States. And Kai Ryssdal geeks out over SpaceX’s new Starship rocket.
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “California to get major boost in water supplies following January storms” from the Los Angeles Times
- “More mass shootings in U.S. than days in 2023 so far” from Axios
- “NYSE Mayhem Traced to a Staffer Who Left a Backup System Running” from Bloomberg
- “SpaceX completes fueling test, will now work toward massive engine firing test” from Ars Technica
- “Chipotle Beefs Up Hiring Ahead of ‘Burrito Season’” from The New York Times
Join us tomorrow for Economics on Tap. The YouTube livestream starts at 3:30 p.m. Pacific time/6:30 p.m. Eastern. We’ll have news, drinks, a game and more.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.
Donate any amount to become a Marketplace Investor and help make us smarter (and make us smile!) every day.