On this hollowed-out shell Thursday, we waste no time getting to the dark place. The Biden administration released reports detailing just how big of an impact climate change will have on our lives, from more traffic, higher rates of depression and anxiety, and even more bugs. We’ll talk about those challenges. Plus, other stories of note, including a big win for Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen. Then, a beef over Bruce Springsteen lyrics has finally been put to bed.
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “Biden administration releases alarming reports on climate change challenges” from NBC News
- “Caesars Palace To Host 3-Day Climate Denier Conference” from HuffPost
- “Ireland Signs On to Global Deal Seeking to Curb Tax Avoidance” from The Wall Street Journal
- “The trillion-dollar coin scheme, explained by the guy who invented it” from Vox
- “San Francisco to Ease Some Face-Mask Requirements” also from The Wall Street Journal
- Tweet thread about the correct Bruce Springsteen lyrics
Join us on YouTube Fridays at 3:30 p.m. Pacific/6:30 p.m. Eastern for our live happy hour episode! Subscribe to our channel and sign up for notifications so you don’t miss it.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.