On today’s show, we talk about the biggest news of the day. The Joe Biden administration has ordered two-thirds of the American workforce to get the jab. We’ll discuss the latest round of vaccine mandates. Plus, an update on the abortion ban in Texas and the buy now, pay later boom — what can possibly go wrong? Finally, we fill our hollowed-out shells with Blue’s Clues and some fun facts about rats!
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “Biden is requiring the vast majority of federal workers to get vaccinated or face disciplinary measures” from The New York Times
- “Justice Department Sues Texas Over New Abortion Ban” from NPR
- “As ‘buy now, pay later’ surges, a third of U.S. users fall behind on payments” from Reuters
- “Deja vu as container ship runs aground in Suez Canal but is quickly refloated” from Metro News
- Blue’s Clues Turns 25
- “Beached Rat Carcasses Indicate Mass Rodent Death During Ida, Experts Say” from Gothamist
- “5 fun facts about rats | Explore | Awesome Activities & Fun Facts!” from CBC
Our show needs your voice! Tell us what you think of the show or ask a question for our hosts to answer! Send a voice memo or give us a call at 508-82-SMART (508-827-6278).
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.