You might not care about the company Basecamp or use its software, but you might care about the dust-up there. Employees are leaving en masse after the company banned “societal and political discussions” in the workplace. Today, we’ll wade into the controversy and try to come out smarter. Plus, another round of our favorite Friday game, Half-Full/Half-Empty.
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “Google’s Plan for the Future of Work: Privacy Robots and Balloon Walls” from The New York Times
- “Breaking camp” from The Verge
- “Basecamp implodes as employees flee company, including senior staff” some follow-up from The Verge
- “McConnell wants ‘1619 Project’ removed from federal grant programs” from The Hill
- Listen to the “1619” podcast here
- Our episode on nuclear power
- And our Half-Full/Half-Empty topics: meme NFTs, carbon capture, cruise ships, vaccine vacation crunch and the App Store
Join us on YouTube Fridays at 3:30 p.m. Pacific time/6:30 p.m. Eastern for our live happy hour episode! Subscribe to our channel and sign up for notifications so you don’t miss it.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.
Give today and get our limited edition tote.