Would you take a coronavirus vaccine? What if it came from Dolly Parton?
Share Now on:
With the promise of another coronavirus vaccine from Moderna, in addition to last week’s blockbuster news from Pfizer, we were inspired to go back and do the numbers: Once there’s a vaccine for COVID-19, who’s actually going to take it? The answer is … not ideal. Also on the docket for today: high-stakes content moderation, low-stakes voter fraud and, yes, Dolly Parton’s own efforts to fund a coronavirus vaccine.
Here’s a list of everything we talked about today:
- “Facebook Has A Rule To Stop Calls To Arms. Moderators Didn’t Enforce It Ahead Of The Kenosha Shootings.” from BuzzFeed News
- “Why Obama fears for our democracy” from The Atlantic
- “Second coronavirus vaccine, from Moderna, shows promise” from Marketplace
- “U.S. Public Now Divided Over Whether To Get COVID-19 Vaccine” from Pew Research Center
- “Voter fraud alleged in New Zealand bird of the year contest” from The Washington Post
- “Renowned philanthropist Dolly Parton donates a million to COVID-19 vaccine effort” from PinkNews
Finally: We need your voice memos! Tell us what you think of the show or ask a question for Kai Ryssdal and Molly Wood to answer! Here’s how to do it.
Listening makes you smarter…
donating makes it all possible.
You asked for it, and we delivered: “Make Me Smart” is now coming to you five days a week, helping you make sense of what’s happening every day.
As a nonprofit news organization, our future depends on your investment in the essential service we provide.