Why aren’t more women in charge at the Pentagon?
Share Now on:
We talked a bit last month about the Pentagon slow-walking some promotions of female generals over fears then-President Donald Trump would quash them. Now, President Joe Biden appears poised to place women on the Joint Chiefs of Staff. On this, International Women’s Day, we’ll talk about it. But first: More on vaccine misinformation and the new Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines, plus the best New York-style bagels in America.
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “‘Russia is up to its old tricks’: Biden battling COVID-19 vaccine disinformation campaign” from USA Today
- “Russian Disinformation Campaign Aims to Undermine Confidence in Pfizer, Other Covid-19 Vaccines, U.S. Officials Say” from The Wall Street Journal
- “Vaccinated Americans may gather indoors in small groups but should still wear masks in public, the C.D.C. says” from The New York Times
- “Biden Nominates Two Women To Lead Combatant Commands” from Defense One
- “MacKenzie Scott Married a Nice Science Teacher” from The Cut
- “The Best Bagels Are in California (Sorry, New York)” from The New York Times
Finally: We need your voice memos! Tell us what you think of the show or ask a question for Kai Ryssdal and Molly Wood to answer! Here’s how to do it.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.