We’re trying to be careful to stay in our lane these days, but we haven’t been able to shake that Atlantic article about President Donald Trump calling soldiers who die in war “losers.” So beer in hand, we’re gonna talk about it. Plus: the (de)politicization of COVID-19 vaccines, teen hormones and dreams of traveling far, far away … TGIF.
Here’s a list of everything we talked about today:
- “Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’” from The Atlantic
- “Covid-19 Vaccine Developers Prepare Joint Pledge on Safety, Standards” from The Wall Street Journal
- “Why Does My Kid’s Online School Still Start at 7:50 in the Freaking Morning?” from Slate
- “Gravity, Gizmos, and a Grand Theory of Interstellar Travel” from Wired
- Finally, this video from comedian Alex Friedman:
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.