VCs are getting into crypto. Here’s why that should worry you.
Share Now on:
Even if you don’t know the name Marc Andreessen, you’ve probably interacted with one of his companies. He’s the man behind some of the very first web browsers, Mosaic and Netscape, a Facebook board member and a venture capitalist with investments Twitter, Lyft, Roblox, Airbnb, Stripe and more. He’s also getting into crypto, and that makes us nervous. On today’s show, Kai Ryssdal talks about it with guest co-host Marielle Segarra. Plus: the Starbucks’ unions, new vaccine approvals and another round of our favorite game, Half Full/Half Empty.
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “FDA Clears Pfizer Coronavirus Vaccine for Young Children” from The New York Times
- “Starbucks workers will vote on union at 3 Buffalo stores” from ABC News
- “Big Hires, Big Money and a D.C. Blitz: A Bold Plan to Dominate Crypto” from The New York Times
- “Pandemic Cigarette-Smoking Boom Appears to Be Over” from The Wall Street Journal
- And our Half Full/Half Empty topics: SPACs in the dictionary, Patagonia’s Facebook boycott, Hertz’s green pledge, the McRib NFT and Marielle’s new fridge.
- “Jumping the shark”
Thanks to everyone who joined us live on YouTube for this episode! We’re live Fridays at 3:30 p.m. Pacific/6:30 p.m. Eastern for happy hour! Subscribe to our channel and sign up for notifications so you don’t miss it.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.