Guest host Scott Tong brought a truly wild story to this grab-bag Friday episode. Coca-Cola is accusing a former employee of stealing trade secrets — not the formula for what goes in the can, but the can itself. We’ll talk about it, some other weird trade secrets and, oh yeah, a 3,000-year-old lost city in Egypt. Plus, another round of our favorite game, “Half Full/Half Empty.”
Here’s everything we talked about on the show today:
- “Coca-Cola trade secret theft underscores importance of insider threat early detection” from CSO
- “Former Coke Scientist Accused of Stealing Trade Secrets for Chinese Venture” from The Wall Street Journal
- Plus more trade secrets involving Oreos, popcorn and Hooters.
- “A 3,000-year-old ‘lost golden city’ has been unearthed in Egypt” from The Washington Post
- Plus, some bonus dollar-store content
- “Can businesses deny you entry if you don’t have a vaccine passport?” from Marketplace
- “COVID vaccines at Dollar General would boost access for low-income populations, study says” from “Marketplace Morning Report”
- “What if gig workers could train the algorithms that determine their pay?” from “Marketplace Tech”
- “Why it’s so hard to strike a deal on a global corporate tax” from “Marketplace”
- “Kim Kardashian West Is Officially A Billionaire” from Forbes
Join us on YouTube Fridays at 3:30 p.m. Pacific time/6:30 p.m. Eastern for our live happy hour episode! Subscribe to our channel and sign up for notifications so you don’t miss it.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.
Give today and get our limited edition tote.