We’ve been covering COVID-19’s impact on women in the workforce for a while, and this New York Times profile of three moms “on the brink” hit close to home. Today, we take a step back and look at how these women and their struggles are being framed and reckoned with. Plus: More SPAC news, Valentine’s Day plans and the coverage of Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene.
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “Marjorie Taylor Greene harangues Democrats, the media, some GOP after getting booted off committees” from NBC News
- And the other view of that presser
- “Three American mothers on the brink” from The New York Times
- Our episode from September, “Coronavirus is pushing women out of work”
- “DNA-testing firm 23andMe to go public through Branson-backed SPAC in a $3.5 billion deal” from CNBC
- “U.S. falls out of top 10 in measure of innovation” from Marketplace
- And a book recommendation: “Kill Switch” by Adam Jentleson
Thanks to everyone who joined us for the live happy hour taping on YouTube! Join us next Friday at 3:30 p.m. Pacific time/6:30 p.m. Eastern —subscribe to our channel and sign up for notifications so you don’t miss it.
Listening makes you smarter…
donating makes it all possible.
You asked for it, and we delivered: “Make Me Smart” is now coming to you five days a week, helping you make sense of what’s happening every day.
As a nonprofit news organization, our future depends on your investment in the essential service we provide.