It’s still too early to know how the Thanksgiving holiday — and some Americans’ refusal to follow the advice of experts and stay home for it — will impact the number of coronavirus cases, but we’re headed for a dark winter indeed. What are teachers to do? We’ll talk about it. Plus, Molly’s sad bitcoin story and the changing GOP line on “mean tweets.”
Here’s a list of everything we talked about today:
- “Teaching in the Pandemic: ‘This Is Not Sustainable’” from The New York Times
- “Exxon Slashes Spending, Writes Down Assets” from The Wall Street Journal
- “Bitcoin Climbs to Record High” from The New York Times
- “With Bank of America Announcement, Every Major US Bank Has Ruled out Funding for Arctic Drilling” from the Sierra Club
- And finally, this bit Kai caught on CNN this afternoon
Listening makes you smarter…
donating makes it all possible.
You asked for it, and we delivered: “Make Me Smart” is now coming to you five days a week, helping you make sense of what’s happening every day.
As a nonprofit news organization, our future depends on your investment in the essential service we provide.