That’s apparently the mandate from the Trump administration. And, look, maybe going back to school is the best thing (perhaps more data would be useful). But we’re looking for more planning, less politicization. And stop comparing schools to Disney World. Also on tap for today’s happy hour episode: comets, TikTok and a farewell to Carl Reiner.
Here’s a list of some of the stuff we talked about today:
- “Pediatricians split with Trump on school reopening threats” from Politico
- “CDC won’t change school reopening guidelines Trump says are too tough, but more direction is coming” from CNBC
- Monday’s episode of “The Daily” from the New York Times
- “Amazon says email to employees banning TikTok was a mistake” from the Associated Press
- The /r/tiktok_reversing subreddit
- “Carl Reiner’s Fairy-Tale Ending” from Vanity Fair
- “How to catch a glimpse of the comet NEOWISE dazzling the skies right now” from The Verge
Finally, thanks to everyone who joined us for the live broadcast on YouTube today! Subscribe so you don’t miss the next one.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.