Sen. John C. Stennis was a segregationist who opposed civil rights bills during his 41-year tenure. So why is there still an aircraft carrier named after him? That’s just one example we’ll pick apart today. Plus, President Trump’s suspension of H1-B visas and, of course, “Hamilton.”
Here’s a list of some of the stuff we talked about today:
- “The Case for Renaming the USS John C. Stennis” from the U.S. Naval Institute
- “Trump Moves to Temporarily Suspend New H-1B, Other Visas” from The Wall Street Journal
- “Saudi Arabia Will Sharply Limit Hajj Pilgrimage” from The New York Times
- “How to watch ‘Hamilton’ when it premieres on Disney Plus in July” from Business Insider
- Finally, the trailer for Apple’s adaptation of Isaac Asimov’s “Foundation” series:
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.