If you find yourself rage-clicking on trending topics that appear to be racist this week, you could be greeted by gifs and videos of BTS or another massively popular Korean pop group. Their famously dedicated fan armies have joined the fight against racism online, flooding anti-Black hashtags. Also on the docket today: What would it take for you to sit in the middle seat on an airplane again?
Here’s a list of some of the stuff we talked about today:
- “K-pop stans take over racist hashtags on Twitter” in CNET
- “K-Pop Stans Continue to Run the Internet, Flood Racist Twitter Hashtags” in Vulture
- “American Airlines and other carriers are adding summer flights as passengers slowly return” on CNBC
- “Stadium-sized asteroid will swing ‘close’ by Earth on Saturday. Thankfully, it will miss us.” in USA Today
- The Sweet Meteor of Death meme
- Finally, this tweet:
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.