We’re revisiting a forgotten Ronald Reagan speech on today’s show. As President Joe Biden’s new COVID-19 relief bill rolls out, Reagan’s 1966 “The Myth of the Great Society” speech is making Kai think some big thoughts on government programs and time. Plus, we talk about Netflix password sharing, virtual conferences and Reese’s all-peanut-butter cups in another round of Half Full/Half Empty.
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “Google Says Microsoft’s Stance on News Is Effort to Distract From Hack” from The Wall Street Journal
- “Microsoft, Google trade barbs during congressional hearing on news industry” from CNET
- Reagan’s “The Myth of the Great Society” speech
- “Is a virtual SXSW worth the price of admission?” from Marketplace
- “Netflix is checking up on password sharing practices” also from Marketplace
- “Roblox goes public and is instantly worth more than $45 billion” from CNN
- “Reese’s New Peanut Butter Cup Is (Almost) All Peanut Butter” from The New York Times
Thanks to everyone who joined us live on YouTube today! We go live every Friday at 3:30 p.m. Pacific time/6:30 p.m. Eastern. Subscribe to our channel and sign up for notifications so you don’t miss it.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.