If you’re flying on a plane, you should wear a mask. But as far as the federal government is concerned, of all the things you have to do to get on a plane, wearing a mask isn’t one of them. Make it make sense!!!!!! We’ll also talk about the inequality of COVID-19 and the foreign students falling through the cracks at Harvard and other all-remote schools this fall. It’s grim. Maybe some Quibi gossip will cheer us up.
Here’s a list of everything we’re talking about today:
- The government verbiage kicking out students this fall
- “The Fullest Look Yet at the Racial Inequity of Coronavirus” in The New York Times
- “No Federal Mandates For Masks On Planes Or Empty Middle Seats” from NPR
- “Trump administration releases list of companies that received most money from small business bailout loans” from NBC News
- …And recent Make Me Smart guest Stephanie Kelton’s reaction to the news that the Ayn Rand Institute got a PPP loan.
- “Is Anyone Watching Quibi?” from Vulture
Listening makes you smarter…
donating makes it all possible.
You asked for it, and we delivered: “Make Me Smart” is now coming to you five days a week, helping you make sense of what’s happening every day.
As a nonprofit news organization, our future depends on your investment in the essential service we provide.