We’re still assessing the fallout of last week’s insurrection, egged on by President Donald Trump, at the Capitol building. On today’s show, we’ll talk about Trump’s few remaining supporters in Congress, the military people who were on the ground that day, the potential for further violence and how corporate America is reacting. Plus on Make Me Smile … more of the same.
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “FBI memo warns law enforcement across U.S. of possible armed protests at 50 state capitols” from NBC News
- “Coca-Cola Suspends Political Donations After Capitol Violence” from Bloomberg
- “Officer resigns as Army investigates her involvement in Washington rally that led to U.S. Capitol riot” from CBS News
- “JPMorgan and Goldman Sachs join U.S. corporations halting political donations after Capitol riot” from CNBC
- Molly has been searching “No fly list” on Twitter
- And finally, this video:
Correction: This episode describes viral videos taken out of context. The videos do not necessarily depict people who are on a no fly list. Additionally, one of the videos appears to be recirculated from 2018.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.