One of our listeners noticed that the Coinstar machine at her local grocery store is dealing in bitcoins now, and she’s wondering how that works. We’ll talk about the how and the why of bitcoin ATMs on this Whadda Ya Wanna Know Wednesday. Plus, more listener questions and comments about the restaurant business, cicadas and good ol’ fashioned stocks.
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “As Diners Return, Restaurants Face a New Hurdle: Finding Workers” from The New York Times
- “A labor shortage is forcing chains like Subway and Dunkin’ to cut hours, close dining rooms, and push employees to work harder than ever” from Insider
- “Bitcoin ATMs are coming to a gas station near you” from Reuters
- “What Happens to the Stock of a Company That Goes Bankrupt?” from Investopedia
- “What Happens To My Stock When The Company Gets Acquired?” from Benzinga
Finally: We need your voice memos! Tell us what you think of the show or ask a question for Kai Ryssdal and Molly Wood to answer! Here’s how to do it.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.
Donate now to get almost any thank-you gift.