From restaurants to bars and gyms, more and more businesses are requiring customers to be vaccinated. Our listener Leila wants to know: how will businesses check your status? Or are we on an honor system? On today’s episode, we’ll dig into some of the options and do a little show and tell. Plus, we’ll answer one of the nerdiest questions we’ve received about taxes, along with others about no-needle vaccines and the history the Federal Reserve’s annual meeting in Jackson Hole.
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “Scientists debate potential benefits of intranasal covid-19 vaccines” from PBS Newshour
- Our episode on vaccine mandates
- “San Francisco’s new rule: proof of vaccine or no dining” from the Associated Press
- “Lost your covid-19 vaccine card? Don’t worry, you can get a new one.” from USA Today
- “How the remote Western resort of Jackson Hole became a go-to gathering for central bankers” from Business Insider
- And in case you want to nerd out on how sales and excise taxes work, from the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy
Our show needs your voice! Tell us what you think of the show or ask a question for our hosts to answer! Send a voice memo or give us a call at 508-82-SMART (508-827-6278).
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.