We’re about 113 days into this pandemic, heading into a holiday weekend unlike any other in recent memory. We’re still learning about the best way to treat COVID-19, and some states are coming around on mask mandates. It’s not necessarily getting any easier. So how are you doing?
Here’s a list of some of the stuff we talked about today:
- “Gov. Greg Abbott orders Texans in most counties to wear masks in public” from the Texas Tribune
- “Congress Eyes More Spending as Virus Cases Surge and Economy Struggles” from the New York Times
- “A ‘Cure for Heart Disease’? A Single Shot Succeeds in Monkeys” also from the New York Times
- Twitter’s edit-button troll
- “That Discomfort You’re Feeling Is Grief” from the Harvard Business Review
Thanks to everyone who joined us for the livestream, it was our best yet. Subscribe so you don’t miss the next one!
Listening makes you smarter…
donating makes it all possible.
You asked for it, and we delivered: “Make Me Smart” is now coming to you five days a week, helping you make sense of what’s happening every day.
As a nonprofit news organization, our future depends on your investment in the essential service we provide.