First President Donald Trump squashed coronavirus relief negotiations. Then he tweeted about some piecemeal relief he would sign. Now he’s reportedly asking for a “big deal” before Election Day. What’s changed? Well, uh, let’s look at the stock market. Plus, an update on TikTok star Nathan Apodaca and a very intriguing real estate opportunity — living under a rock!
Here’s a list of everything we talked about today:
- “Trump tells House GOP leader he wants a “big deal” on COVID relief” from Axios
- “U.S. weekly jobless claims inch lower, but remain stubbornly high” from Reuters
- “WarnerMedia Plans Thousands of Job Cuts in Restructuring” from The Wall Street Journal
- “Millions of Views and a Gift Truck Later, Nathan Apodaca Keeps the Vibe Going” from The New York Times
- “Website offers chance to ‘live under a rock’ during election week” from UPI
Don’t miss our live stream on YouTube tomorrow at 3:30 p.m. Pacific time, 6:30 p.m. Eastern. Subscribe so you don’t miss it!
Finally: We need your voice memos! Tell us what you think of the show or ask a question for Kai Ryssdal and Molly Wood to answer! Here’s how to do it.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.