On Wednesday, the U.S. government declassified a whole bunch of documents it found in Osama bin Laden’s compound in Pakistan.
Lots of fascinating stuff — among them a job application to join Al-Qaeda, which will sound familiar to anyone who’s ever filled out any job application.
These are all quotes:
- “Please write clearly and legibly.”
- “Have you ever been in jail or prison?”
- “List your previous occupations.”
- “Do you wish to execute a suicide operation?”
- “Who should we contact in case you became a martyr?”
Marketplace is on a mission.
We believe Main Street matters as much as Wall Street, economic news is made relevant and real through human stories, and a touch of humor helps enliven topics you might typically find…well, dull.
Through the signature style that only Marketplace can deliver, we’re on a mission to raise the economic intelligence of the country—but we don’t do it alone. We count on listeners and readers like you to keep this public service free and accessible to all. Will you become a partner in our mission today?