On Wednesday, the U.S. government declassified a whole bunch of documents it found in Osama bin Laden’s compound in Pakistan.
Lots of fascinating stuff — among them a job application to join Al-Qaeda, which will sound familiar to anyone who’s ever filled out any job application.
These are all quotes:
- “Please write clearly and legibly.”
- “Have you ever been in jail or prison?”
- “List your previous occupations.”
- “Do you wish to execute a suicide operation?”
- “Who should we contact in case you became a martyr?”
There’s a lot happening in the world. Through it all, Marketplace is here for you.
You rely on Marketplace to break down the world’s events and tell you how it affects you in a fact-based, approachable way. We rely on your financial support to keep making that possible.
Your donation today powers the independent journalism that you rely on. For just $5/month, you can help sustain Marketplace so we can keep reporting on the things that matter to you.