Our vision of a help-wanted ad for a government czar:
- Level-headed, task-driven communicator. Able to interface with a variety of stakeholders. Must be comfortable translating and explaining government action (or inaction) to the public.
- Willing to be a symbol of governmental concern about a specific crisis. Good at making everyone feel better. Willing to appear before the press as required.
- Must be a model of seriousness, calm and control.
- Must be comfortable operating behind the scenes and juggling the demands of multiple high-level, ego-driven officials inside government.
- Comfortable working in a culture of feedback – knows how to take a punch.
- Willingness to sacrifice sleep and home life.
- Proven record working with “big personalities” a must.
- Ability to cut through red tape also a plus.
There’s a lot happening in the world. Through it all, Marketplace is here for you.
You rely on Marketplace to break down the world’s events and tell you how it affects you in a fact-based, approachable way. We rely on your financial support to keep making that possible.
Your donation today powers the independent journalism that you rely on. For just $5/month, you can help sustain Marketplace so we can keep reporting on the things that matter to you.