Our vision of a help-wanted ad for a government czar:
- Level-headed, task-driven communicator. Able to interface with a variety of stakeholders. Must be comfortable translating and explaining government action (or inaction) to the public.
- Willing to be a symbol of governmental concern about a specific crisis. Good at making everyone feel better. Willing to appear before the press as required.
- Must be a model of seriousness, calm and control.
- Must be comfortable operating behind the scenes and juggling the demands of multiple high-level, ego-driven officials inside government.
- Comfortable working in a culture of feedback – knows how to take a punch.
- Willingness to sacrifice sleep and home life.
- Proven record working with “big personalities” a must.
- Ability to cut through red tape also a plus.
Marketplace is on a mission.
We believe Main Street matters as much as Wall Street, economic news is made relevant and real through human stories, and a touch of humor helps enliven topics you might typically find…well, dull.
Through the signature style that only Marketplace can deliver, we’re on a mission to raise the economic intelligence of the country—but we don’t do it alone. We count on listeners and readers like you to keep this public service free and accessible to all. Will you become a partner in our mission today?