Our vision of a help-wanted ad for a government czar:
- Level-headed, task-driven communicator. Able to interface with a variety of stakeholders. Must be comfortable translating and explaining government action (or inaction) to the public.
- Willing to be a symbol of governmental concern about a specific crisis. Good at making everyone feel better. Willing to appear before the press as required.
- Must be a model of seriousness, calm and control.
- Must be comfortable operating behind the scenes and juggling the demands of multiple high-level, ego-driven officials inside government.
- Comfortable working in a culture of feedback – knows how to take a punch.
- Willingness to sacrifice sleep and home life.
- Proven record working with “big personalities” a must.
- Ability to cut through red tape also a plus.
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.