Pass the pecans
From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s a look at what’s coming up April 17:
- Events continue at the National Cathedral in Washington in observance of Holy Week.
- NASA is scheduled to make an announcement—a discovery by its Kepler Space Telescope.
- Securities, salsa and soda. Goldman Sachs, Chipotle and Pepsi are slated to report quarterly earnings.
- “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” has a birthday. Actress Rooney Mara will be 29.
- And April is National Pecan Month. That’s just nuts.
As a nonprofit news organization, our future depends on listeners like you who believe in the power of public service journalism.
Your investment in Marketplace helps us remain paywall-free and ensures everyone has access to trustworthy, unbiased news and information, regardless of their ability to pay.
Donate today — in any amount — to become a Marketplace Investor. Now more than ever, your commitment makes a difference.