Pass the pecans
From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s a look at what’s coming up April 17:
- Events continue at the National Cathedral in Washington in observance of Holy Week.
- NASA is scheduled to make an announcement—a discovery by its Kepler Space Telescope.
- Securities, salsa and soda. Goldman Sachs, Chipotle and Pepsi are slated to report quarterly earnings.
- “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” has a birthday. Actress Rooney Mara will be 29.
- And April is National Pecan Month. That’s just nuts.
There’s a lot happening in the world. Through it all, Marketplace is here for you.
You rely on Marketplace to break down the world’s events and tell you how it affects you in a fact-based, approachable way. We rely on your financial support to keep making that possible.
Your donation today powers the independent journalism that you rely on. For just $5/month, you can help sustain Marketplace so we can keep reporting on the things that matter to you.