Pass the pecans
From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s a look at what’s coming up April 17:
- Events continue at the National Cathedral in Washington in observance of Holy Week.
- NASA is scheduled to make an announcement—a discovery by its Kepler Space Telescope.
- Securities, salsa and soda. Goldman Sachs, Chipotle and Pepsi are slated to report quarterly earnings.
- “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” has a birthday. Actress Rooney Mara will be 29.
- And April is National Pecan Month. That’s just nuts.
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.