Pass the pecans
From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s a look at what’s coming up April 17:
- Events continue at the National Cathedral in Washington in observance of Holy Week.
- NASA is scheduled to make an announcement—a discovery by its Kepler Space Telescope.
- Securities, salsa and soda. Goldman Sachs, Chipotle and Pepsi are slated to report quarterly earnings.
- “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” has a birthday. Actress Rooney Mara will be 29.
- And April is National Pecan Month. That’s just nuts.
Marketplace is on a mission.
We believe Main Street matters as much as Wall Street, economic news is made relevant and real through human stories, and a touch of humor helps enliven topics you might typically find…well, dull.
Through the signature style that only Marketplace can deliver, we’re on a mission to raise the economic intelligence of the country—but we don’t do it alone. We count on listeners and readers like you to keep this public service free and accessible to all. Will you become a partner in our mission today?