Marketplace helps you stay financially responsible all year, now we need YOUR help to keep our budget on track.
Donate NOW to help us hit our target of 2,500 Marketplace Investors by June 30!
From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s what’s coming up April 11:
- In Washington, the Labor Department issues its Producer Price Index for March.
- The International Energy Agency releases its monthly oil market report on supply and demand around the globe.
- The University of Michigan releases its preliminary April consumer sentiment survey.
- “Houston, we’ve had a problem here.” That was communication from the aborted Apollo 13 mission that launched on April 11, 1970. The crew didn’t land on the Moon as planned, but they did eventually splash down safely on Earth. You probably saw the movie.
- Iowans were the first to pay a state tax on cigarettes. A 2 cent per pack tax was imposed on April 11, 1921.
- And foodies probably already know that it’s National Cheese Fondue Day. What beats things dipped in cheese? Help me. I’m drawing a blank.
If you’re a member of your local public radio station, we thank you — because your support helps those stations keep programs like Marketplace on the air. But for Marketplace to continue to grow, we need additional investment from those who care most about what we do: superfans like you.
Your donation — as little as $5 — helps us create more content that matters to you and your community, and to reach more people where they are – whether that’s radio, podcasts or online.
When you contribute directly to Marketplace, you become a partner in that mission: someone who understands that when we all get smarter, everybody wins.