Last week may have been Gouda, but this week is Feta
Share Now on:
From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s what’s coming up April 11:
- In Washington, the Labor Department issues its Producer Price Index for March.
- The International Energy Agency releases its monthly oil market report on supply and demand around the globe.
- The University of Michigan releases its preliminary April consumer sentiment survey.
- “Houston, we’ve had a problem here.” That was communication from the aborted Apollo 13 mission that launched on April 11, 1970. The crew didn’t land on the Moon as planned, but they did eventually splash down safely on Earth. You probably saw the movie.
- Iowans were the first to pay a state tax on cigarettes. A 2 cent per pack tax was imposed on April 11, 1921.
- And foodies probably already know that it’s National Cheese Fondue Day. What beats things dipped in cheese? Help me. I’m drawing a blank.
As a nonprofit news organization, our future depends on listeners like you who believe in the power of public service journalism.
Your investment in Marketplace helps us remain paywall-free and ensures everyone has access to trustworthy, unbiased news and information, regardless of their ability to pay.
Donate today — in any amount — to become a Marketplace Investor. Now more than ever, your commitment makes a difference.