Last week may have been Gouda, but this week is Feta
Share Now on:
From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s what’s coming up April 11:
- In Washington, the Labor Department issues its Producer Price Index for March.
- The International Energy Agency releases its monthly oil market report on supply and demand around the globe.
- The University of Michigan releases its preliminary April consumer sentiment survey.
- “Houston, we’ve had a problem here.” That was communication from the aborted Apollo 13 mission that launched on April 11, 1970. The crew didn’t land on the Moon as planned, but they did eventually splash down safely on Earth. You probably saw the movie.
- Iowans were the first to pay a state tax on cigarettes. A 2 cent per pack tax was imposed on April 11, 1921.
- And foodies probably already know that it’s National Cheese Fondue Day. What beats things dipped in cheese? Help me. I’m drawing a blank.
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.