Last week may have been Gouda, but this week is Feta
Share Now on:
From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s what’s coming up April 11:
- In Washington, the Labor Department issues its Producer Price Index for March.
- The International Energy Agency releases its monthly oil market report on supply and demand around the globe.
- The University of Michigan releases its preliminary April consumer sentiment survey.
- “Houston, we’ve had a problem here.” That was communication from the aborted Apollo 13 mission that launched on April 11, 1970. The crew didn’t land on the Moon as planned, but they did eventually splash down safely on Earth. You probably saw the movie.
- Iowans were the first to pay a state tax on cigarettes. A 2 cent per pack tax was imposed on April 11, 1921.
- And foodies probably already know that it’s National Cheese Fondue Day. What beats things dipped in cheese? Help me. I’m drawing a blank.
News and information you need, from a source you trust.
In a world where it’s easier to find disinformation than real information, trustworthy journalism is critical to our democracy and our everyday lives. And you rely on Marketplace to be that objective, credible source, each and every day.
This vital work isn’t possible without you. Marketplace is sustained by our community of Investors—listeners, readers, and donors like you who believe that a free press is essential – and worth supporting.