From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s what’s coming up April 10:
- In Washington, a look at the nation’s balance sheet. The Treasury Department issues its monthly statement for March.
- Drone delivery is just one of the topics at the fourth annual PostalVision 2020 Conference getting underway in the nation’s capital.
- Golfers tee off in Augusta, Georgia during the first round of the Masters Tournament.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel “The Great Gatsby” was first published on April 10th, 1925.
- And think eloquent thoughts. April is National Poetry Month.
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.