From the Marketplace datebook, here’s what’s coming up April 8:
- In Washington, the Labor Department releases its monthly Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey.
- The Senate Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry Committee holds a hearing on “Advanced Biofuels: Creating Jobs and Lower Prices at the Pump.”
- The Senate Finance Committee is scheduled to discuss “Protecting Taxpayers from Incompetent and Unethical Return Preparers.”
- I know it’s only the beginning of the week, but let’s talk about beer. The Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America gets underway in Denver. About 7,000 attendees are expected.
- And those following “Boardwalk Empire” saw her brew up some trouble last season. Actress Patricia Arquette turns 46.
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.
Give today and get our limited edition tote.