From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s an extended look at what’s coming up the week of April 7 (Plus Sunday night. So sue us.):
- Let’s start with dragons. “Game of Thrones” season four finally premiers on Sunday night. Don’t lose your head.
- Actor Russell Crowe turns 50 on Monday. Happy birthday. He’s currently starring in “Noah.”
- April 7 is International Beaver Day. To honor those little dam building environmental helpers.
- On Tuesday the Labor Department releases its monthly Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey and the Senate Finance Committee is scheduled to hold a hearing on “Protecting Taxpayers from Incompetent and Unethical Return Preparers.”
- Mid-week, the House Committee on Small Business discusses “The Biggest Tax Problems for Small Businesses.” Right. It is tax season. Let’s move on.
- Finally something that helps us get dressed. A brilliant aide for well-appointed fashionistas was patented on April 10, 1849. We can thank inventor Walter Hunt for the safety pin.
- On Friday the Labor Department issues its Producer Price Index for March, and the International Energy Agency releases its monthly oil market report on supply and demand around the globe.
- But that’s no fun. Let’s end the week with International Louie Louie Day because, well, because people love to play that party song.
There’s a lot happening in the world. Through it all, Marketplace is here for you.
You rely on Marketplace to break down the world’s events and tell you how it affects you in a fact-based, approachable way. We rely on your financial support to keep making that possible.
Your donation today powers the independent journalism that you rely on. For just $5/month, you can help sustain Marketplace so we can keep reporting on the things that matter to you.