From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s an extended look at what’s coming up the week of April 7 (Plus Sunday night. So sue us.):
- Let’s start with dragons. “Game of Thrones” season four finally premiers on Sunday night. Don’t lose your head.
- Actor Russell Crowe turns 50 on Monday. Happy birthday. He’s currently starring in “Noah.”
- April 7 is International Beaver Day. To honor those little dam building environmental helpers.
- On Tuesday the Labor Department releases its monthly Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey and the Senate Finance Committee is scheduled to hold a hearing on “Protecting Taxpayers from Incompetent and Unethical Return Preparers.”
- Mid-week, the House Committee on Small Business discusses “The Biggest Tax Problems for Small Businesses.” Right. It is tax season. Let’s move on.
- Finally something that helps us get dressed. A brilliant aide for well-appointed fashionistas was patented on April 10, 1849. We can thank inventor Walter Hunt for the safety pin.
- On Friday the Labor Department issues its Producer Price Index for March, and the International Energy Agency releases its monthly oil market report on supply and demand around the globe.
- But that’s no fun. Let’s end the week with International Louie Louie Day because, well, because people love to play that party song.
As a nonprofit news organization, our future depends on listeners like you who believe in the power of public service journalism.
Your investment in Marketplace helps us remain paywall-free and ensures everyone has access to trustworthy, unbiased news and information, regardless of their ability to pay.
Donate today — in any amount — to become a Marketplace Investor. Now more than ever, your commitment makes a difference.