From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s a look at what’s coming up Thursday:
- In Washington, a Senate Committee discusses “Promoting College Access and Success For Students With Disabilities.”
- The Commerce Department reports on durable goods for January. Maybe you got yourself an appliance?
- A House subcommittee on Highways and Transit holds a hearing on “Improving the Nation’s Highway Freight Network.”
- Academy Award-winning screen beauty and AIDS activist Elizabeth Taylor was born on February 27, 1932.
- Feeling a little cold? Winter getting you down? Well, bring on the heat. Tomorrow is National Chili Day.
Marketplace is on a mission.
We believe Main Street matters as much as Wall Street, economic news is made relevant and real through human stories, and a touch of humor helps enliven topics you might typically find…well, dull.
Through the signature style that only Marketplace can deliver, we’re on a mission to raise the economic intelligence of the country—but we don’t do it alone. We count on listeners and readers like you to keep this public service free and accessible to all. Will you become a partner in our mission today?