From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s a look at what’s coming up:
- In Washington, the Labor Department releases its monthly Consumer Price Index.
- The United Nations marks the World Day of Social Justice.
- The Conference Board issues its index of leading economic indicators.
- Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain was born on February 20, 1967. He would have been 47. Here are some places to visit if you’re a fan.
- Make a special stop on your way home to pick up a little extra something for your dog or cat or iguana. Tomorrow is Love Your Pet Day. Of course you shower your lizard with affection every day, because you just can’t help yourself.
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.