From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s a look at what’s coming up Thursday:
- In Washington, the Commerce Department issues retail sales data for January.
- The International Energy Agency releases its monthly oil market report on supply and demand around the globe.
- If you spot an orphaned shopping cart on your block help it find its way home. February is ‘Return Shopping Carts to the Supermarket Month.’ Hey, does pushing a grocery cart across a parking lots count as exercise?
- Musician Peter Gabriel turns 64.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture is schedule to release its ten-year agricultural projections. The report is published each February.
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.