A taste of Sioux Falls
In this American Futures project,we’re trying to give you a taste of how the American economy really works. And a taste is definitely what I got in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
Here’s what my Sioux Falls diet (if you wanna call it that) looked like:
- Two egg breakfast sandwiches via Grand Prairie Foods (they come in packs of two).
- Bhutanese dumplings shared with me by the refugee family that made them.
- A sea salt caramel macaron from C.H. Patisserie, the fancy new dessert shop downtown.
- Cappuccino at Coffea in downtown Sioux Falls (one block down from C.H. Patisserie, in fact). It was opening day for the cafe and yes, there was a line.
- All those foods — they tell you a lot about Sioux Falls. Where’s it’s been and where it’s going. And I’ll tell you what — it’s pretty tasty too.
Cheers to trustworthy journalism!
Give just $7/month to get your own KaiPA glass.