Every week, one Marketplace staff member offers their favorite stories from the past week. Here’s a small selection of our recent finest journalistic efforts:
- David Gura’s highly entertaining interview about financier and all-round crook, Marc Rich, complete with a reference to pugilist gerbils.
- Stacey Vanek Smith’s sound-rich piece on the hi-top fade was a great listen — and don’t forget to check out her slideshow here.
- David Brancaccio’s quick note on the digital video of “Portlandia” and the FBI.
- Jeff Tyler did a great two-part series on Mexican factories often offering better benefits than American factories.
- Chau Tu’s wrap of the weirdest Netflix recommendation categories.
- Mark Garrison’s piece on pod hotels with a video of the Russian hotel where reportedly Snowden stayed.
- David Brancaccio’s interview with an 11-year-old whistleblower, clearly proud of his undercover investigative skills.
- And Krissy Clark’s piece on Hollywood’s portrayal of the middle class.
If you’re a member of your local public radio station, we thank you — because your support helps those stations keep programs like Marketplace on the air. But for Marketplace to continue to grow, we need additional investment from those who care most about what we do: superfans like you.
Your donation — as little as $5 — helps us create more content that matters to you and your community, and to reach more people where they are – whether that’s radio, podcasts or online.
When you contribute directly to Marketplace, you become a partner in that mission: someone who understands that when we all get smarter, everybody wins.