Every week, one Marketplace staff member offers their favorite stories from the past week. Here are some of the stories that caught my attention this past week.
- Our interviews with Moore residents ran the gamut from tears to pragmatism to...um...dressing up as a Victorian gunfighter.
- Delta’s chief executive officer, Richard Anderson, discusses the industry, mergers, passenger fees and why Delta thinks it’s about to have its most profitable year ever.
- Stacey Vanek Smith had a lovely bit of writing around a smart conceit on tax havens and Manhattan, carried just far enough and no further.
- Seven Tips on handling a debt collector: Intriguing non-narrated piece produced by Lindsay Thomas for Money last week.
- Noel King's story on young athletes had fresh insight, great tape, smartly-structured. Yet another knock-out piece from Noel!
- I also recommend you listen to David Weinberg on the dark side of QE and Sally Herships on what Target is really up to, flogging wedding dresses for $70.
“I think the best compliment I can give is not to say how much your programs have taught me (a ton), but how much Marketplace has motivated me to go out and teach myself.” – Michael in Arlington, VABEFORE YOU GO