Every Monday, one Marketplace staff member offers their favorite stories from the past week. Here's some of the journalism that caught my attention this past week.
- This piece by Sabri Ben-Achour on supercomputers was just plain cool -- well-written and full of fresh information.
- Rob Schmitz gave us a complete web package on the toxic harvests in China -- check out all the pictures and video he captured on the field.
- This interview with a parking lawyer in New York City really brought to life this story on the parking culture in the city. A great idea from our senior editor Betsy Streisand.
- Peter O'Dowd went above and beyond on this web exclusive. He got the guy who bought a pair of Google Glasses -- and the story of what happened next.
- We got an interview with a bakery owner in San Francisco who accepts bitcoins as payment -- oh so very San Francisco, and a lovely listen!
- Krissy Clark got an early in with the guys whose job it was to sift through video evidence -- and updated her online piece as the Boston story developed.
- And this web-only piece on Dove's new controversial and viral ad got a lot of talk here and on the Internet. A great story written quickly and smartly by Nancy Marshall Genzer.