Selection of Wealth and Poverty stories for Marketplace Dupont Awards submission, June 2013.
1. Houston janitors fight for fair pay in economic boom. By Krissy Clark. July 31, 2012
2. From banker to janitor — all in a day’s work. By Krissy Clark. August 1, 2012
3. Economic mobility in Chicago’s projects. By Sylvester Monroe. August 17, 2012
4. Changing neighborhoods can change your life. By Krissy Clark. February 13, 2013
5. Beach fire pits spark battle between private interests and public land. By Noel King. April 8, 2013
6. Going for a Ride with Chicago’s “Raiteros”. By Jeff Tyler and ProPublica. April 29, 2013
7. Losing “everything” is relative in a tornado. By Krissy Clark. June 3, 2013
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.