Here are some recent stories on a variety of personal finance subjects:
- Getting a Grip on Taxes Before the Storm Hits (New York Times) Year-end tax advice
- Aunt Midge Not Dying in Hospice Reveals $14B Market (Bloomberg) A chilling investigation into how hospice care, once mostly a charitable cause, has become a growth industry
- Global Lessons for Better Savings Habits (Smart Money) What Americans can learn about savings from the Swiss and the Vietnamese
- New Ways to Use Gift Cards Sprout This Holiday (Reuters) Retailers are coming up with ways to make the gift card more exciting to receive and more appealing to give
- How to pay Your Financial Advisor (Wall Street Journal) It’s complicated
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.