Playlist: The Breakdown — What’s Working in the Job Market
Posted by Nancy Farghalli
For The Breakdown: What’s Working in the Job Market, Friday, October 7, 2011
Marketplace hit the road, visiting communities across the country where jobs have been added, where companies are hiring, where Americans are finding their way back into the labor market. So where are the bright spots? And are they are bright enough to energize the economy?
Here are the songs we played in the special:
- Young Folks – Peter Bjorn and JohnBuy
- Pumped Up Kicks – Foster the PeopleBuy
- Her Hollow Ways – Danger MouseBuy
- Go with You – Toro y MoiBuy
- Southbound – Blue ScholarsBuy
- Rolling With a Dub – Ari RozeBuy
- Artist’s Valley – BibioBuy
- Hunch – Plant LifeBuy
- If 6 Was 8 – SzjerdeneBuy
- Narrow Sun – Fool’s GoldBuy
- So it Seems – Wing and HollowBuy
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.