Playlist: The Breakdown — What’s Working in the Job Market
Posted by Nancy Farghalli
For The Breakdown: What’s Working in the Job Market, Friday, October 7, 2011
Marketplace hit the road, visiting communities across the country where jobs have been added, where companies are hiring, where Americans are finding their way back into the labor market. So where are the bright spots? And are they are bright enough to energize the economy?
Here are the songs we played in the special:
- Young Folks – Peter Bjorn and JohnBuy
- Pumped Up Kicks – Foster the PeopleBuy
- Her Hollow Ways – Danger MouseBuy
- Go with You – Toro y MoiBuy
- Southbound – Blue ScholarsBuy
- Rolling With a Dub – Ari RozeBuy
- Artist’s Valley – BibioBuy
- Hunch – Plant LifeBuy
- If 6 Was 8 – SzjerdeneBuy
- Narrow Sun – Fool’s GoldBuy
- So it Seems – Wing and HollowBuy
If you’re a member of your local public radio station, we thank you — because your support helps those stations keep programs like Marketplace on the air. But for Marketplace to continue to grow, we need additional investment from those who care most about what we do: superfans like you.
Your donation — as little as $5 — helps us create more content that matters to you and your community, and to reach more people where they are – whether that’s radio, podcasts or online.
When you contribute directly to Marketplace, you become a partner in that mission: someone who understands that when we all get smarter, everybody wins.