Playlist: Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell ends
Posted by Chau Tu
For Marketplace, Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell officially ended today, which means gays who were forced out of the military can now re-enlist — if there are spaces available. Bob Moon spoke to Harvard economics professor Roland Fryer, a new recipient of the MacArthur Genius Grant. Flu shots are back at pharmacies, and they may be selling more than just a simple vaccination. Chinese fake IDs are in high demand. Sociology professor Sudhir Venkatesh talked about the underground economy. If Republicans and Democrats can agree on raising taxes on the rich, there could be across-the-board cuts coming. And can U.S. banks handle European debt? Here are the songs we played:
- Fall Back (instrumental) – Dear Jayne Ft. The DreamBuy
- Two Matchsticks – The Wooden BirdsBuy
- The Tallest Man, the Broadest Shoulders Part I: The Great Frontier Part II: Come to Me Only With Playthings Now – Sufjan StevensBuy
- Champions – Dan the AutomatorBuy
- Rocket – Working For a Nuclear Free CityBuy
There’s a lot happening in the world. Through it all, Marketplace is here for you.
You rely on Marketplace to break down the world’s events and tell you how it affects you in a fact-based, approachable way. We rely on your financial support to keep making that possible.
Your donation today powers the independent journalism that you rely on. For just $5/month, you can help sustain Marketplace so we can keep reporting on the things that matter to you.